Sunflower Dance Birthday Card
Hello!
It's been a long time since I did a blog post, but this past year has been nothing short of challenging.
However, I'm back and for my first card I'm giving you the details on how I created the Sunflower Dance Birthday Card:
However, I'm back and for my first card I'm giving you the details on how I created the Sunflower Dance Birthday Card:
Products used:
- Simon Says Stamp Sunflower Dance Stamp and Die Sets
- Simon Says Stamp Crackle Background 6x6 Cling Stamp
- Copic Markers:
- Y19, Y18, Y08, Y02, E35, E33 (flower petals)
- E47, E74, E71, E43 (flower center)
- YG67, YG17, YG03 (leaves)
- R29, R17, R24, R14 (butterfly)
- Prismacolor Pencils: Chartreuse (PC 989) and Lemon Yellow (PC 915)
- Neenah Smooth Desert Storm Paper
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Paper
- Black Cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
- Simon Says Stamp Thin 3D Foam Squares
- Darice Foam Strips
- Bearly Art Glue
I started by stamping the Sunflower and butterfly with the Memento Ink on the Neenah Classic Crest Cardstock. I colored them with the Copic markers detailed above. I used the colored pencils to add some extra highlights to the flower petals and leaves and then I cut them out with the coordinating dies.
I stamped the sentiment with the Versafine Onyx Black ink and used the coordinating die to cut it out.
To create the background, I trimmed a piece of Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock to 4.25" x 5.5". I covered the panel with anti-static powder and stamped the Crackle Background on it with the VersaMark Watermark ink. I sprinkled the white embossing powder over the stamped image and heat set it with my heat tool. Once it cooled I trimmed the panel down to 3.875" x 5.125".
To complete the card I adhered the background onto a piece of black cardstock trimmed down to 4.125" x 5.375". I used the Simon Says Stamp Thin 3D Foam squares to adhere the flower to the background. Finally, I used the Darice Foam Strips to adhere the butterfly and sentiment to my card.
Thank you for stopping by!
Comments
Post a Comment